POSITION TITLE: COMMUNITY LIHEAP WORKER (temporary)
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY SERVICES COUNTY MANAGER
FSLA CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Provides winter energy assistance eligibility determination and services to low-income clients and support to the county Neighborhood Center.
- Assist low-income clients’ access temporary financial assistance for their household’s winter heating costs.
- Make appropriate referrals for other community programs, as available.
- Assist the County Supervisor with record maintenance including CASTiNET; the client needs assessment, Neighborhood Center maintenance
- Assures compliance with all program and grant requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in social work/human services or customer service preferred
- Organizational skills
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Office and internet research, and ability to learn specialized computer databases, as needed.
- Knowledge of county, community, agencies and resources preferred
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with people of diverse and varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to sit at, read, and enter data on computer for prolonged periods of time up to 75% of the time
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10 lbs up to 10% of the time
*NKCAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strongly encourage people of Color, people with disabilities, women, bilingual people, and former or current recipients of public assistance to apply for available positions.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and program requirements as required in the completion of this job description and all agency business.
NKCAC IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE