Title/Position: Counselor, MSW (Youth 13 - 17)
Organization: Brighton Center, Inc
Category: Non-Profit - Arts
Employment: Full Time
Location: Covington, KY
Posted: October 9, 2018
Counselor- (LCSW, LCPP, or LMFT) Residential - Homeward Bound Shelter, Covington, KY.
Brighton Center, Inc., a not for profit agency, has a full-time Residential Counselor opportunity for an individual who would like to make a management career in a not-for-profit organization. We are looking for an individual who has a passion to work in an organization that helps its customers become self-sufficient.
The role of the Residential Counselor is to ensure the professional and timely completion of all intake, assessment, and therapeutic activities. Counselor for at-risk youth ages 11-17 in an Emergency Shelter setting, including individual, group, and family counseling focusing on pertinent issues, prevention education, aftercare, and oversight and coordination of case management activities.
Responsibilities include (not inclusive):
- Provide individual, group and family therapy
- Make appointments for youth with Psychiatrist as needed.
- Conduct assessments of new youth, complete service plans, discharge summaries, ensure all documents are complete for licensing regulations; complete discharge documents.
- This position is a part of the treatment team and will attend safety, court and school appointments regarding youth.
- The Residential Counselor will have regular and consistent communication with the DCBS and /or guardian of the youth.
- Providing crisis intervention as needed using therapeutic interventions and strategies for working with youth and families.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s (Degree) Level Licensed (In Kentucky) Counselor or Social Worker, LPCC and/or LCSW, or other licenses to provide therapy.
- LMFT Licensed.
- 2 years of experience with youth and families.
- Knowledge of best practice documentation and service plan development.
- Adolescent experience and Crisis skills required; residential experience is a plus.
- Candidate needs to have a flexible schedule of mornings and some evenings. The position does require on-call responsibilities for clinical issues with youth residing at the shelter.
- Knowledge of local community resources.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Candidate must possess high levels of professionalism, diplomacy, flexibility, and time-management abilities are a must!!.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Current and valid auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Attendance is crucial to position.
Pay: $40,000-$44,000, salary/Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
No calls Please