POSITION TITLE: YouthBuild Mentoring Coordinator (Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Lorraine O ’Moore, YouthBuild Program Director.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: The mentoring coordinator oversees the development and implementation of the YouthBuild mentoring program, which matches adult volunteer mentors with participants.
The mentoring coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the mentoring program. He/she will:
- Manage the YouthBuild mentoring program by maintaining/updating policies & procedures
- Create and oversee implementation of ongoing marketing and mentor recruitment plans
- Train YouthBuild staff on evidence-based best practices of individual and group mentoring
- Form a strong collaboration with partner organizations to create and oversee the implementation of an ongoing mentor recruitment plan, which includes collaborating with agencies on community events and being in attendance at key events
- Organize and develop proposals to increase funding and sustainability
- Compile all forms for the mentor application, screening, and matching processes
- Create mentor-mentee matches
- Plan and oversee mentor-mentee group and service events, trainings, recognition activities, kickoffs, and closure activities
- Provide post-match support and training sessions for mentors and mentees to ensure that both groups have an enriching mentoring experience
- Coordinate the mentoring program’s data reporting and evaluation eff orts
- Attend mentoring conferences to increase knowledge of mentoring program practices
- Communicate with supervisor on a regular basis concerning mentoring program updates, individual issues, and new projects
- Assures compliance with all program and grant requirementsQUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, and comfort in working with diverse groups of people
- Strong organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong relationships with local community organizations a plu
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 10 lbs. up to 10% of the time
- Ability to sit at, read, and enter data on computer
- Ability to work with people of diverse and varying socio-economic backgrounds.