POSITION TITLE: Health Benefit Assister
REPORTS TO: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FOR COMMUNITY SERVICES URBAN OR RURAL SUPERVISOR
FSLA CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Provide accurate and unbiased information to help residents of Northern Kentucky understand and enroll in a health plan of their choice through one-on-one interactions, group presentations, public events or activities
- Assist in the enrollment of the Northern Kentucky population and conduct related outreach activities.
- Facilitate consumer enrollment and outreach activities.
- Complete required training courses developed by KHBE and receive a passing score of at least 80 percent to become certified.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act and Kentucky’s Medicaid Enrollment Process for Medicaid Expansion.
- Travel to consumer locations in order to assist with enrollment activities.
- Provide unbiased guidance on Medicaid coverage options in a face-to-face setting, including in consumers’ home.
- Adequately answer consumers’ questions about enrollment.
- Refer consumers to Agents, consumer assistance agencies as specified by or the Call Center when guidance is needed.
- Assist in the processing of appeals for consumers in the Exchange.
- Process re-enrollment in the Exchange.
- Guide Consumers in modifying their coverage due to a life changing events.
- Abide by reporting standards on Exchange related activities.
- Conduct outreach activities at local events to educate Kentuckians about the Exchange.
- Assist KHBE in working local community events to promote the Exchange.
- Achieve a high level of consumer satisfaction.
- Participate in Health Benefit Assister duties for the open enrollment periods on the Exchange—this requires being willing to hold a flexible schedule and attend some evening and some weekend enrollment or outreach events.
- Accept referrals from Navigators and Agents.
- Provide access to oral interpretation of non-English languages to ensure meaningful access.
- Provide services in a location that is accessible to those with disabilities and materials and other utilized tools to those with disabilities.
- Ensure that an authorized representative is present for disabled individuals (when applicable).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Regional Supervisor or Program Director, including attendance at evening or weekend events.
- Assures compliance with all program and grant requirements.
- High School or GED required, College preferred.
- Knowledge/experience in the health care industry, and knowledge of Affordable Care Act preferred.
- Computer experience, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and internet research, and ability to learn specialized computer databases, as needed.
- Knowledge of community social services, business organizations, agencies, and resources in the region. Understanding of rural and urban populations, and particularly of the county assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to work with people of diverse and varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to facilitate enrollment for groups of consumers who work traditional daytime hours.
- Travel is a requirement of this position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, regular access to reliable transportation, and current auto insurance.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for prolonged periods of time up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds up to 10% of the time.
NKCAC IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE