- Provide individual, group and family therapy
- Make appointments for youth with Psychiatrist as needed.
- Conduct assessments of new youth, complete service plans, discharge summaries, ensure all documents are complete for licensing regulations; complete discharge documents.
- This position is a part of the treatment team and will attend safety, court and school appointments regarding youth.
- The Residential Counselor will have regular and consistent communication with the DCBS and /or guardian of the youth.
- Providing crisis intervention as needed using therapeutic interventions and strategies working with youth and families.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s (Degree) Level Licensed (In Kentucky) Counselor or Social Worker, LPCC and/or LCSW, or other licenses to provide therapy.
- LMFT Licensed.
- 2 years of experience with youth and families.
- Knowledge of best practice documentation and service plan development.
- Adolescent experience and Crisis skills required; residential experience is a plus.
- Candidate needs to have a flexible schedule of mornings and some evenings. The position does require on-call responsibilities for clinical issues with youth residing at the shelter.
- Knowledge of local community resources.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Candidate must possess high levels of professionalism, diplomacy, flexibility, and time-management abilities are a must!!.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Current and valid auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Attendance is crucial to position.
Please submit an application and resume at http://www.brightoncenter.com/careers
Please copy and paste into your Internet Browser.
If you cannot access the link, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Brighton Center, P.O. Box 325, Newport, KY 41072.
For more information, visit our website at www.brightoncenter.com.