- Manages the supplier sourcing/purchase of Technical Parts and related processes.
- Manages the Project Buying process at the MEC and regional plants.
- Determines requirements, identifies optimal supply sourcing and makes recommendations to Head of Purchasing - NA.
- Makes purchasing recommendations based upon best quality, delivery and total cost. Selection process s may also include products for purchase by testing, observing or examining items, in addition to review/approval with manager and respective business units(s).
- Estimates purchase value using knowledge of market and market price.
- Determines method of procurement: ERP generated requirement, authorized direct purchase or required RFQ.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records of items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, suppliers, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment, when required.
- Expedites delivery of goods, when logistics assistance is required.
- Create and update company contracts and negotiations.
- Supports receiving department personnel.
- Perform other duties as required or requested by NA Purchasing Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 10+ years experience purchasing technical components
- Proficiency with AS-400, Internet, Microsoft Office
- Must have experience with ISO, TS16949 quality, environmental and materials standards and procedures
- Strong financial and commercial knowledge and experience managing budgets, allocating costs, forecasting
- Good level of report writing and adept with most IT packages.
- Proven leader, team player, coach and motivator and have a positive attitude toward others.
- Position requires strong negotiation skills in a commodity market environment.
- Ability to travel to suppliers and Mubea locations/manufacturing facilities.
Please submit an application and resume online at: http://bit.ly/MubeaPurchMgrComp