ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the recruitment and selection process (i.e., places advertisements, receives incoming applications, tracks applicants, arranges interviews, prepares job offer letters, requests background checks, administers pre-employment tests as required, schedules post-job offer physicals/drug testing, responds to job applicants, etc.);
- Coordinates new employee processing (i.e., schedules and leads employee orientation meetings, prepares and processes paperwork, establishes/updates personnel files accordingly);
- Coordinates the employee exit process (i.e., prepares and processes exit paperwork, distributes exit interview materials and/or schedules interview, updates personnel file);
- Assists with all aspects of employee benefit administration including annual open enrollment for insurance and other benefits, and processes ongoing, routine employee benefit changes;
- Tracks various kinds of employee data and maintains accurate and up to date personnel records;
- Updates position descriptions as directed;
- Interacts with and provides information to employees and departments regarding personnel rules, upcoming events, employee benefit plans, etc.;
- Coordinates processing of worker’s compensation claims , OSHA reporting, AED tracking, and CPR and safety training; assists with maintenance of safety programs and committees;
- Assists with maintaining benchmark data, compiling a variety of data and responding to benefits and compensation surveys;
- Prepares analytical HR and payroll reports using ADP reporting software;
- Responds to general inquires from the public and/or vendors and service providers;
- Maintains information of a confidential nature;
- Updates of various human resource information and materials such as HR sections of the County’s Internet and Intranet sites, bulletin boards, handbooks, forms, etc.;
- Performs research and assists the HR Director in a variety of special projects such as wellness and training initiatives; serves as back-up ADP System Administrator; and
- Assumes duties and responsibilities of coworkers and performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) communication methods for exchanging data via electronic means;
- Knowledge of recruitment, selection and hiring practices such as appropriate interview methods, required forms (such as I-9s), and post-offer drug, alcohol and background screening;
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer;
- Demonstrable knowledge of office and human resources practices and effective problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to deal effectively with a variety of employees and the public;
- Excellent written and oral communication and research skills; and
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree with course work in general business, office management, and/or human resources; a minimum of two years related human resources experience; or equivalent combinations of education and experience. A Bachelor’s Degree, certification by SHRM or HR Certification Institute, and/or direct HRIS/HRMS experience are preferred.
This is a full time position (70 hours biweekly) with an annual salary range of $34,088 to $45,336 dependent on qualifications with a generous benefit package. Open Until Filled.
To Apply: Please visit the “Career Opportunities” section at www.campbellcountyky.org and complete the “Campbell County Fiscal Court Application Form” and email it and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (859)547-1879, or mail it to the Campbell County Human Resources Department at 1098 Monmouth Street, Room 214, Newport, KY 41072.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER