Program Directors, IT, Facilities, Food Services and Administrative Assistant
Management & General
This position provides strategic leadership over a broad range of critical operational support and client service/care programs which are highly regulated. Key focus is on the leadership of multiple programs and departments that are of the highest quality, compliant with a range of regulatory and accreditation bodies and, by virtue of their nature, exposed to health, legal, behavior and compliance risks.
Essential and Primary Responsibilities:
- Serves as a key member of Board committees and Leadership Team as a strategic contributor.
- Develops and leads a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Ensures compliance and the safe and healthy operation of the programs by providing oversight of all clinical health services.
- Serves as liaison to Board committees as assigned
- Creates both short and long-term action plans to address critical needs and trends within the core functions and in concert with the Board’s Strategic Plan.
- Evaluates performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Participates in establishment and implementation of organizational policies and procedures. Interprets policies, objectives and operational procedures and outcomes.
- Analyzes and recommends changes in organizational systems, policies and procedures and ensures their implementation.
- Represents Redwood in a positive light at charity events and/or community engagements.
- Ensures that support services of facility/grounds maintenance/vehicles and dietary services/cafeteria are in compliance to code and Redwood polices; provides services to create a positive image among the staff, clients, visitors and community.
- Provides leadership for the IT function to ensure that services and equipment meet the needs of staff and clients. Addresses system security and data storage to minimize risk within the Redwood user network.
- Be familiar with written guidelines, policies and procedures of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and ensure compliance of dietary staff.
- Sources, selects and hires highly competent and skilled staff to ensure operational needs are met.
- Coaches, develops and trains staff to maximize potential and build bench strength based on expertise and certification/degree requirements.
- Monitors regulatory requirements regarding staff training requirements, licensing and certification renewals providing information regarding regulatory changes to the Human Resources manager to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Leads staff in areas of development, encouragement, cross-training and corrective action to maintain the highest level of service, image and quality within the programs and functions. Ensures personal accountability with each direct and indirect report. Ensures performance to standards and expectations.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Serves as corporate compliance officer, including serving as HIPAA privacy officer, preparing and overseeing strategic initiatives to maintain perpetual compliance with various regulatory, accreditation and agency standards.
- Ensures Agency’s and Programs’ on-going compliance with regulatory requirements of licensure, accreditation, and funding, regulatory and governmental entities
- Collaborates with program directors and managers to assure adherence to licensing requirements. Notifies the required agencies with concerns or possible lack of compliance as mandated by law.
- Provides compliance communication or training to Board Committees, executives or leaders to reflect the mission and strategic vision of Redwood.
- Serves as agency’s risk manager by conducting periodic risk assessments; establishing and adhering to the risk management plan. Position is the key contact point for the desired outcome of audits and/or risk exposure activities.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director/CEO and Chief Financial Officer to conduct a risk of loss exposure as it relates to insurance programs and coverages.
- Upon CEO’s recommendation, may review and serve as contact person and key investigator in lawsuits, injury claims or related allegations.
- Works closely with Executive Director/CEO, Human Resource Manager and Chief Finance Officer and, as applicable, agency representatives, in dealing with government agencies and complainants to investigate, address and resolve alleged violation of policy or law within the program areas.
- Establishes and oversees the incident management protocol for each program or service area.
- Ensures fiscal health by making sure each program/cost center is meeting/exceeding its budgeted targets.
- Provides and incorporates insights of trends, cycles and projections of revenue streams into the organization’s budget planning and strategic planning.
- Prepares plans that minimize compliance fees or certification processes and avert the risk of non-compliance penalties or sanctions.
- Computer Skills – Possesses an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft office skills, internet software and database programs. Able to accurately access and export data from a database.
- Teamwork including balancing team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback, contributing to building a positive team spirit, and supporting everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Strong customer service skills in reference to both internal and external customers. Maintains a strong, visible presence in all programs.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious, and economic status.
- Excellent time management skills and abilities to multi-task, delegate and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Delegates tasks to direct reports appropriately providing management support and growth of team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small to large group situations.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Interpersonal skills to include maintaining confidentiality, listening without interrupting, keeping emotions under control and remaining open to others' ideas/tries new things.
- Professionalism including approaching others in a tactful manner, reacting well under pressure, treating others with respect and consideration, accepting responsibility for own actions, and following through on commitments.
- Shows initiative, volunteers readily, asks for and offers help when needed.
- Applies conflict management, problem-solving and project management skills ethically and with integrity.
- Ability to review and analyze data.
- Understand regulatory and accreditation standards.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in healthcare, quality assurance, business or social services/human services.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar industry with experience related to Operational Leadership, Personnel Management, Compliance, Risk Management and Fiscal Accountability.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in business administration, health care administration, or social services/human services.
- Experience in a non-profit service sector preferred.
Work is performed inside typical office environment. Redwood’s building is climate controlled with standard lighting. When conducting duties outside of the building, lighting and temperature reflect seasonal conditions. Noise levels are moderate. There is regular exposure to hazardous chemicals, in the form of medications and nursing-care products, and to contagious conditions, such as the common cold and body fluids.
In the role the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The essential functions of this position require visual/hearing acuity, sufficient strength, and the ability to bend, reach, grasp, manipulate objects, pull/push, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, and lift and and/or carry up to 50 pounds or exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently to move human bodies or objects, with or without the use of adaptive equipment. Lifting forces vary with adult weight and level of ability to assist in the movement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.