**This posting comes down on August 31st at 12:01AM EST**
This is a full-time position represented by UWUA 600 Union. You will be considered a probationary employee for the first twelve (12) months of employment.
Are you good at listening, anticipating customer needs and offering solutions?
If you enjoy interacting with customers in a variety of situations, from handling the simplest transaction to figuring out the complex, multi-faceted scenarios, this role is for you. You are able to effectively guide each customer to the right solution in a timely and efficient manner…call after call, day after day. You enjoy multi-tasking and learning something new daily, all while still being able to perform routine and repetitive tasks. You maintain positivity while in calm, structured or high-pressured situations. You proudly serve as the empowered customer advocate as you balance and meet the needs of this changing business. You are your best, on purpose, every time.
The most important part of the job is that you'll be building genuine connections with your customers while being a great ambassador for the Duke Energy brand. What you bring to the table is some experience and education, commitment to customer service and a strong work ethic.
In addition to a starting rate of $14.50/hour, this position includes an incentive program with the opportunity to earn hundreds of extra dollars in your paycheck!
General Job Information:
STARTING PAY RATE is $14.50. Future increases will be based on a performance review process.
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE:
Representatives are awarded shifts during an annual schedule bid and will work those shifts for 12 months. However, based upon business need your schedule may change at any time throughout the year. Our Cincinnati call center operates Monday-Friday from 7:00AM - 7:00PM. Representatives are expected to be on-call and work extended hours to support higher call volumes during times of inclement weather, an average of five to six total weeks per year, and report to work when other businesses and schools are closed. We are front-line employees just like our service technicians – if the power is out or there is a major weather event affecting power, you are expected to be here to serve our customers. We are open on holidays and you may sign up or be drafted to work during those times.
You will receive an email notification from IBM-Kenexa (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) with a link to the online Duke Energy Customer Care Assessment immediately after applying. You will have three (3) days to complete the Assessment. Timely completion of the Assessment is required in order for you to be further considered for this position. The assessment will be timed.
Successful candidates will receive extensive training to ensure that they are knowledgeable and prepared to handle customer issues. The training will begin on or shortly after your first day of employment and is expected to last 10 weeks. The training classes and schedule will vary according to location and position. During the training period, you will not be allowed to be absent.
If selected for an interview and offered a position, your offer will be contingent upon you submitting to and successfully completing a drug test and criminal background check within a reasonable timeframe and prior to employment.
Click here for an inside look at why our employee's love working in our customer care organization -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDm6VG0QmY
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Arriving on time and adhering to your schedule
- Being an engaged customer advocate
- Meeting or exceeding performance targets
- Being a brand ambassador internally and externally
- Thinking on your feet and learning in an ever-changing environment
- Handling your customer’s needs with integrity and empathy in one transaction
- Accurately navigating and maneuvering through multiple computer applications and screens simultaneously
- Managing your time, recording it accurately and inputting it according to the company’s quality standards
- Actively engaging and participating in training and weekly coaching sessions
- Working on your own initiative and participating fully as part of a team under the guidance of a coach
- Adapting to constant change, i.e. program offerings, computer tools, process changes
As a successful applicant, you:
- Have customer service experience
- Possess a warm, friendly and engaging personality with a confident telephone manner
- Demonstrate good organizational skills
- Show a strong sense of responsibility and desire to get things done properly
- Are self-aware and understand the impact of your own performance and behavior
- Are highly self-motivated without self-importance
- Consistently act as a collaborative team player striving for the success of the business
- Have a passion for serving and are able to demonstrate tenacity and persistence
- Are motivated by results
- Communicate clearly and with confidence
- Thrive when working within deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a positive rapport in challenging situations
- Present yourself well with a positive, proactive and professional approach
- High School diploma or GED
- One year customer service experience (may include call center, hospitality, retail, etc.)
- Some college or college degree.
- 2+ years customer service experience (may include call center, hospitality, retail, etc.), preferably to include call center experience and experience promoting products and services in a call center environment.
- Effective listening and communication skills and the ability to interact with external and/or internal customers in a professional, courteous and empathetic manner.
- Ability to build trust and loyalty with customers, handle confidential information and act with integrity at all times.
- Ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple computer systems quickly and accurately while maintaining a dialogue with customers and meeting strict performance expectations.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule as described in the General Job Information section.