Villa Madonna Academy, a private, Catholic, K-12 school educates students in a Christ-centered community rooted in the Benedictine traditions of scholarship, service, and hospitality.
The Director of Finance is a key position within the Academy’s leadership team. Working in collaboration with the other members of the leadership team (the Executive Director, the Principals, and the Directors of Advancement and Admissions), the Director of Finance provides financial leadership and has the primary responsibility for the financial administration and oversight of the school. The position reports to the Executive Director and has a dotted line relationship to the Academy’s Treasurer. The Director of Finance will apply his/her financial expertise to Financial Operations, Controls and Compliance, and Financial Planning and Reporting.
Responsibilities of this Role
- Oversee the core accounting processes: cash and asset management, tuition management, accounts receivable, payroll, accounts payable, and all other accounting and financial functions.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Seek to continuously improve efficiency and achieve costs savings without compromise to the Academy’s mission.
- Work with the leadership team to administer the scholarship and financial aid process.
Controls and Compliance
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that all assets are safeguarded.
- Manage all financial and compliance audits.
- Ensure that all applicable governmental and diocesan financial guidelines are followed and reporting requirements are complied with.
- Ensure adherence to all financial covenants and agreements related to bank loans and financing arrangements.
- Document, communicate, and train all personnel on fiscal policies and procedures.
Financial Reporting/Budgeting & Planning
- Provide timely financial reporting for the Board of Directors, Finance Committee, and the leadership team that accurately portrays the Academy’s financial condition and advises of any significant issues or risks.
- Provide guidance and advice on all financial issues as requested by the Board, the Treasurer, or the leadership team.
- Design and lead the annual tuition setting and budgeting process collaborating with the leadership team to develop a realistic and balanced financial plan.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Office to facilitate and assist with all fund raising efforts and to ensure that all funds received are properly accounted for and deployed consistent with the terms and requirements of the donor.
Skills and Qualifications:
To effectively perform this position, the individual serving in this capacity must possess the following:
- Understanding of the Academy’s Mission and Vision.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field and five years or more of relevant work experience including knowledge and familiarity with financial accounting software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Mindset of continuous improvement and internal customer service.
- Effective organizational, communication, and analytical skills and the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple activities.
- Self-directed and goal oriented work ethic.
- Collaborative decision making skills which work well in a small team environment.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience working in a school or non-profit organization.
To apply email your cover letter, resume, and professional references to Executive Director Ms. Pam McQueen at firstname.lastname@example.org.