Additional Workforce Resources
Cincinnati Bell is Helping you Stay Connected
We have 50+ locations in the Greater Cincinnati area that can provide you free Wi-Fi. You can access Fioptics Internet while still adhering to CDC guidelines. To access, simply choose "Fioptics Free Wi-Fi" from the list and fill in the fields on the portal page, that you will be automatically directed to. https://www.cincinnatibell.com/special-pages/coronavirus/wi-fi-hotspots
Job Search Central at the Kenton County Public Library
You will find numerous resources for job seekers at all levels via KCPL’s Job Search Central site including free classes covering Grow with Google Digital Literacy skills, creating resumes, interview preparation and practice, transferable skills workshops, LinkedIn classes, learning to network, developing an elevator speech and more. The Library provides practical job-hunting tools like assistance with technology, links to local job search sites, lists of regional job openings, and access to grow your skills through Gale Courses and Learning Express.
NKYAG is a job search support group for professional level people in job transition or interested in changing careers. Sign-up to receive information about services via the NKYAG Weekly Email.
Life Learning Center COVID19 Response Visit link for updates to Life Learning Center’s program delivery services.
Brighton Center is currently still providing services and training. Some of their services have been altered and their work is changing on the daily. For updates visit: https://www.brightoncenter.com//covidresponse
Employer Forum: COVID19 Resources & Best Practices Group
GROW NKY partners, United Way of Greater Cincinnati and Partners for a Competitive Workforce have provided an interactive repository to allow for more direct communication of employer workforce needs, best-practices, and opportunities and supports available across the Greater Cincinnati regional in response to COVID-19. Members are encouraged to post workforce questions and comments, share best practices and resources, explore shared files, and directly connect with other members using the chat function. Please also share if you are an employer hiring with a link to your employment portal. Use the app or website to directly post to the wall. Employers and partners are encouraged to participate by joining the “Employer Forum: COVID19 Resources & Best Practices" group at https://uwgc.mobilize.io/registrations/groups/38958.
Multilingual COVID-19 Resources
For COVID-19 information in multiple languages, visit Resources in 150+ Languages (Source: Endangered Language Project)
United Way of Greater Cincinnati COVID-19 Service Guide - Español
International Language Handouts
We want to ensure all immigrant, refugee, and international community members are informed about COVID-19. Therefore, we have collected some basic information, resources, and webpages below that are multilingual and that we hope you find useful. Please check back as we will continue to update and revise this resource page. Click the words in blue and pink for links to resources. http://www.cincinnaticompass.org/resources/covid-19-resources
NKCAC (NKY Community Action Commission)
Latino Community: The NKCAC can assist you with bills. Please contact Laura Torres at the Spanish hotline of NKCAC at 859.788.8998. Your calls will be returned within 48 hours.
Life Learning Center https://www.lifelearningcenter.us/covid-19-information
Online Enrollments - Candidates that have a smart phone or have access to a computer can access Life Learning Center’s website for online enrollment using the referral tab on https://www.lifelearningcenter.us/enroll. Life Learning Center will follow up with on-line referrals within one business day through the contact information provided.
Walk in and Drop off referral from formalized partner, ensuring housing has been secured.
Applications will be conducted in the front entrance foyer of Life Learning Center through a telephone to minimize person to person contact. Enrollment team will provide resources out the dual door on the east side of the Life Learning Center building. Applicants will submit completed applications in the file rack in the front entrance foyer.
Life Learning Center will follow up with applicant within one business day through the contact information provided.
As individuals call to schedule an applicant interview, LLC Staff will assess and triage care needs such as food and clothing. If items are requested, individuals can pick up from LLC within that day.
Life Journals will be distributed during the application process.
Foundations for a Better Life Program
- All programming for Candidates will be delivered remotely via the Zoom mobile platform (https://zoom.us/). Life Learning Center staff is sharing this process with all Candidates. The Zoom platform allows Life Learning Center staff to virtually engage with Candidates. Questions or problems using the Zoom Account, email email@example.com or call (859) 431-0100.
- Virtual Cohort Candidate Cap is 25 Candidates per Cohort.
- We will be holding an April Day and April Evening Cohort, April Orientation will be April 2, 2020 starting at 9:00 a.m. for Day Cohort and 5:00 p.m. for the evening Cohort.
- All Candidate Support Coordination between Candidates and volunteers will be conducted via telephone call or mobile platform. Questions shall be directed to Mitch Haralson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any Candidate resource concerns shall be directed to Mitch Haralson at email@example.com
- All Candidates from January, February, March and April Cohorts will receive a Care Call weekly from LLC Program Coordinator. Call will address the following: Care needs, employment status, contact info update for email, address and support group meetings along with updates with sponsors.
- Provide food boxes for Candidates in need, available for pickup at Life Learning Center front entrance foyer Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. by appointment. Each food box will contain 3-4 days of meals including frozen meals, fresh produce and an array of dry goods that will supplement or equal a meal.
- All candidates and member will be eligible for a food box every 3 days.
- Upon completion of a Care Resource Request, LLC staff will provide clothing to Candidates and Members.
- Our facility is open from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for our team. We have reduced our staff with a rotating scheduling. The phones are answered Tuesday – Thursday until 5:30 to field calls for classroom access on-line.
Employer Resources via KY Labor Cabinet
Kentucky Department of Public Health Site for COVID-19 (Kentucky’s site for COVID-19 information)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (General Information)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Situation Summary)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Prevent Illness)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (What to do if You are Sick)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Schools, Workplaces & Community Locations)